People are our number one asset and are paramount to our success.
View our latest career opportunities below.
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team at EPI-USE Cochin.
Who we are:
EPI-USE is part of groupelephant.com, which employs more than 3,000 people in 33 countries. EPI-USE is known as the world’s largest and most experienced independent SAP HR/Payroll specialist, and designs build and implements Cloud-based, hybrid, and on-premises HR/Payroll systems for large, complex multinationals. EPI-USE AWS Services is an Advanced AWS Partner, providing managed cloud services, rapid migrations to AWS, and bespoke AWS-based systems for clients in need of reliable, scalable, and highly redundant managed cloud infrastructure. 1% of our revenue is applied to the protection and preservation of at-risk elephants and rhinos, through a strategy that is based on poverty alleviation.
- Design, develop, and maintain highly available and redundant public cloud-based data ingestion pipelines and software services, ensuring zero downtime and effective resource allocation.
- Very much familiar with multiple levels of services of AWS and deployment of enterprise-level applications.
- Implement both the CI/CD infrastructure and dev-team culture, allowing the scalable and continuous full application-to-delivery cycle.
- Own operational availability, scalability, security, performance, efficiency, monitoring, instrumentation, integrity, and overall self-service reliability of our data tier.
- Integrate IAAS and PAAS solutions and while coping with hybrid architectures of both cloud and on-prem solutions.
- Collaborate across system architecture, software development, and data analytics teams implementing automation and process design, tackling complex infrastructure, security, or development challenges.
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify potential execution streamlining, minimizing errors encountered.
- Mentor and train other engineers throughout the company and seek to improve processes companywide continuously.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex challenges.
- Implement a full DevOps culture through automation, monitoring, and logs.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
- Maintain SLAs by tuning systems according to scale.
- Designing systems at scale to make sure solutions built are economical.
Minimum Key Skills/Qualification:
- BE/B.Tech/BS degree in Computer Science or IT.
- Deep understanding of DevOps and SRE practices.
- Solid experience in infrastructure automation coding using scripting (Shell or Bash or Python or equivalent).
- Strong experience in maintaining and operating Linux-based servers.
- Strong Experience with public clouds. Ideally AWS (especially EC2, RDS, Security Groups, Cloudformation and WAF are considered).
- Previous experience in migrating existing applications to AWS’s highly available architecture/infrastructure.
- Experienced in AWS cost estimation/analysis/optimization.
- Possess a strong understanding of multi-tenant concepts.
- Good exposure to configuration management/deployment tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Strong expertise in integration tools such as Jenkins or GitLab.
- Hands-on experience in AWS Public Cloud.
- Good knowledge of the major AWS services (EC2, RDS, IAM, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFront, R53, Elasticache, etc.).
- Experience in networking, security, and performance optimization.
- Hands-on experience in configuring Autoscaling, Load balancers, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudWatch.
- Knowledge in setting CI/CD pipelines in the AWS platform.
- Experience in migrating workloads to AWS.
Bonus Points Qualifications:
Experience in OWASP, PCI (optional) compliant solutions.
- Knowledge or experience in SAP product deployment and management.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, GDPR, ITIL will be a bonus.
- Experience in working with Cyber Security Products will be a major advantage.
- Certifications: RHCE, RHCSA, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate.
What we offer:
- Friendly environment.
- Chance to own responsibility and demonstrate accountability.
- Power to implement your own ideas right from the start.
- Attractive Salary.
- International horizons – work with international teams and clients from all corners of the world.
- To work in a vibrant young environment in the heart of Cochin.
- Company parties, team events, and the opportunity to work with great colleagues from all over the world.
- Company-sponsored certifications and training.
8 hours with rotating shifts. Should be flexible.
Information Technology & Services.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their resume to email@example.com with the subject “Your Name: Senior DevOps Engineer” along with the below information:
- Current Experience.
- Relevant Experience.
- Current CTC.
- Expected CTC.
- Notice Period
Date posted: July 29, 2021
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: India, Kochi