Baylor College of Medicine
EPI-USE assists leading College of Medicine to modernize Human Capital Management (HCM).
Baylor College of Medicine, located in the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas, is a leading health sciences university with the mission of “Improving Human Health through science, scholarship, and innovation.” The college includes a medical school, Baylor College of Medicine, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, the School of Allied Health Sciences, and the National School of Tropical Medicine.
With the President’s strong sponsorship and support, BCM began a journey to completely transform their administrative processes and SAP in 2017. Baylor focused on improving business processes and then how SAP SuccessFactors could improve employee engagement and business efficiency through technology. As part of this transformation, BCM began their transformation journey in 2018 with implementation of the full SuccessFactors HCM and Talent suite linked to on-premise payroll and benefits. In July, 2019 BCM went live with the full SuccessFactors HCM and Talent suite to improve position approval, recruiting, onboarding, time management, HR processes, employee career development, training, performance management, and compensation management.
Headquarters: Houston, Texas
Industry: Higher Education
Employee Count: Approx. 10,000
Systems Replaced: Multiple
Systems Implemented: SAP SuccessFactors
- System modernization and simplification of core HCM via SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central.
- Implementation of SuccessFactors Talent Management including Recruiting, Onboarding, Learning Management, Performance and Goals Management, and Compensation Management.
- SuccessFactors Cloud Platform Integration.
- Integration to On-Premises SAP Payroll.
- Improved processes and tools for recruiting, retaining, developing, and managing workforce.
- 74% of BCM Employees migrated off paper timesheet tracking to electronic Time Entry / Time-off Requests.
- Greatly simplified transaction processing and trackable workflow that promotes transparency and action.
- Centralized Learning System – one central place which houses all training curriculums to promote employee development.
- Improved reporting and information for Managers, Administrators, and Employees.
- 160% Increase in applications for open job postings.
- Common definitions for employees’ jobs, competencies, skills, and activities to enable career development and progression.